Here are details of the forthcoming Annual General Meeting of Groam House Museum, to be held on Thursday 15th November at 7.30pm.
Refreshments will be provided, and following the formal business there will be an opportunity for discussion and ideas for the future development of the museum.
A key element of the AGM will be proposals to change from being a Company Limited by Guarantee to a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO), with a new constitution.
The constitution is relatively long and detailed, but the changes from the old version are few in number, and focus mainly on tightening up our procedures in some areas. The main differences are:
• Members no longer have any financial responsibility in the event that the museum runs into financial difficulty (currently members are responsible for up to £1) (clause 8)
• Removal of organisational membership as a category of membership (we currently have no organisational members) (clause 17)
• Removal of ability of Trustees to remove members (clause 25)
• Simplification of the process for members to appoint Trustees (clause 58)
• Reduction in the length of time a Trustee may serve continuously (clause 61)
• Direction that no Trustee may hold more than one post, and no connected persons (eg husband and wife) may hold more than one post (clause 72, 73)
• Introduction of specific reference to Trustees not participating in decisions in which they have declared an interest (clause 96. 97)
The following relevant documents, which will be referenced at the meeting, are available here for download and inspection ahead of the meeting:-